Elisha's house!



Sometimes we have normal days. We get up, go to work, make dinner, watch a movie, go to bed.

Other days, I find myself standing in Elisha's living room and I think "yes, this is living."

A couple of weeks ago, we did just that. It might not have been the living room persay, but still... Elisha's HOUSE folks. My apologies if you follow us on Facebook, but I just had to share it again...

A friend of ours covered the discovery of the home for his news network and although Israel has not yet officially "opened" the area, they are pretty sure this is it. Israel doesn't joke around with things like that, so I believe it, it's just that no one knows about it yet. I was especially thrilled because I'm in the midst of reading Steven Furtick's book Greater, in which he references Elisha extensively. So imagine my excitement when days after learning about the incredible, symbolic start to Elisha's ministry, I am standing in his living room.

Kurt's parents just landed in Israel yesterday and I am so thrilled that they will get to see this incredible place we call home. I am excited for them to see the land, to understand scripture in a deeper way and to have a picture in their mind to return home with. If you ever get the chance, don't hesitate. You could be standing in the home of one the most incredible men in Biblical history and suddenly realize, yet again, that this is the good life. Life is too short not to take some risks, Elisha certainly did.

2 comments:

Cristi Atchley said...

Where is this located exactly? How very exciting! We are on our way there this very night!

cranny + me said...

How incredibly, incredibly exciting! I just don't have the right words to describe my delight in keeping up with you and seeing all of these amazing things! I was able to share this with Graeme this afternoon-- he thought it was very special to be looking at Elisha's house!