Arba means Four.


4 Years.
Kurt and I got married on April 24, 2010. My Mom's birthday. 
We settled in, bought a house, got a dog. 
I quit my job, then I got another job - just up the stairs from his office. 
Then we both quit our jobs.
We sold our house, we left our dog with my Dad.
Now we live here in Israel. 
Our marriage went from 2 years old to 4 in the blink of an eye.
Time passed while I was busy learning to count in Hebrew.
1, 2, 3, 4....
Arba, that's 4.
We haven't had it easy, but we have had it gracefully. 
When Kurt asked me what I wanted for an engagement ring, I told him I wanted 3 stones.
I told him it was to remind me that there would always be 3 of us.
Him, me and the Lord.
And that is how we exist, us 3. Mostly Him.
Happy Arba, babe...here's to many more :)
xo.
Maggy


3 comments:

Becca said...

This is beautiful. Happy anniversary, you two!!!

Faith said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!! Here's to many more years of gifting grace to each other. Love you!

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

Happy Anniversary! And what a beautiful sentiment, you two plus the Lord. Rather than the commonly heard secular, "past present and future."